Nourishing Oneself through Gut Health
Why Focus on Gut Health?
7 main reasons
- Increase your energy
- Reduce the toxins in your body
- Improve your digestive function
- Get better sleep
- Stabilise your mood
- Clearer thinking
- Increased immunity
Our gastrointestinal system or “gut” is teeming with bacteria.
There are 10x more bacterial cells in our body than human cells making us more bacterial than human!!
Signs of Poor Gut Health
- Digestive issues like bloating, gas, diarrhea
- Food allergies or sensitivities
- Anxiety and stress
- Mood swings, irritability
- Poor memory and concentration, brain fog, mental fatigue ADD or ADHD
- Skin problems like eczema, rosacea
- Trouble maintaining a healthy weight
- Autoimmune disease
How You Can Nourish Your Gut Health?
- Nutritionally – eliminate typically inflammatory foods & include healing foods
- Eliminate toxins
- Take a good quality probiotic (e.g. dōTERRA’s PB Assist)
- Eat prebiotic whole foods
- Stay hydrated
- Manage stress
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a good regime of supplementation
- Use essential oils that support our GI system
Regular gut cleanse to eliminate toxins and restore gut health
Essential Oils that Support/ Nourish the Gut
- DIGESTZEN – Ayurvedic based blend for digestion of food, soothe occasional upset tummies, and reduce uncomfortable gas
- Ginger, Fennel, and Coriander to help ease occasional stomach discomfort, including motion sickness and indigestion, while Peppermint, Tarragon, Anise, and Caraway aid with digestion and help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
- PEPPERMINT – supportive for digestive system, cooling and alleviates feelings of discomfort. Can help with bad breath Internal or topical use (OIL, BEADLETS, ENTERIC COATED TABS)
- FENNEL - supportive for digestive system, alleviates feelings of discomfort. Internal or topical use.
- CORIANDER – can help with digestive upset & discomfort.
- CARDAMOM – help regulate digestion, can help soothe, can help with bad breath. Blends well with peppermint.
- GINGER – helps support healthy digestion, ease nausea (OIL & LOZENGE)
- TURMERIC – can help remove sputum, helps lipid metabolism, increase immune function (OIL & DUAL COMBINED TABS)
- CINNAMON BARK – can improve intestinal microflora balance
- THYME – orally, may increase number of good bacteria & strengthen integrity of intestines
- OREGANO – improves gut barrier function and intestinal integrity
Gut Cleanse & Restore Supplements
- Life Long Vitality Pack (available in vegan form too)
- Terrazyme Digestive Enzymes
- Zendocrine Complex
- GX Assist
- PB Assist
What does GX Assist do?
- GX Assist is designed to help assist in restoring proper microflora population.
- While purifying and cleansing the digestive system with a proprietary blend of dōTERRA CPTG Oregano, Melaleuca, Lemon, Lemongrass, Peppermint and Thyme oils
- GX Assist also contains caprylic acid, a fatty acid naturally derived from coconut oil that has been used for over 40 years to support digestive health and microbial balance of the digestive tract
- Supports healthy digestion and metabolism of enzyme-deficient, processed foods*
- Supports conversion of food nutrients to cellular energy*
- Promotes gastrointestinal comfort and food tolerance*
- Supports healthy production of metabolic enzymes*
- Proprietary blend of 10 active whole-food enzymes
- Contains the doTERRA tummy tamer blend of Peppermint, Ginger, and Caraway Seed
- Sodium lauryl sulfate-free HPMC vegetable capsules
- Safe and effective
A proprietary formula of pre-biotic fiber and six strains of probiotic microorganisms in a unique double-layer vegetable capsule, that encourage friendly bacterial growth, and digestive and immune system support.